Sunday, June 24, 2012

News

Hello dear friends!  Such a slacker I am.  But I have good reason, I swear.  Since the last time we were together, my sweet hubby and I found out some wonderful news that will change our lives forever in the best way possible.
21 weeks

That's me!  I'm now 22 weeks pregnant (this photo was taken a week ago) and filled with joy.  We found out the day after Valentine's day, had to wait a week to tell my parents so we could make the trip to Seattle to see them in person.  I went through 13 weeks of feeling sick and wanting to just sleep the days away.  Of course we couldn't tell anyone but our families for several weeks so that made it even harder.  I did absolutely nothing during that time, I'm not even joking.  I would come home, lay on the couch, and my absolutely fantastically wonderful husband would cook me dinner and put me to bed.

I woke up at week 13 and felt so much better!  I wasn't feeling sick and I was slowly gaining my energy back.  My Studio Calico kits were collecting in my scrappy nook upstairs; the house was a mess; and I needed to find something to get me energized and excited about actually doing things again!

Scrapbooking it is!  I go on maternity leave in October.  That is my deadline to get things lined up for giving my Etsy shop a boost and for working on lots of layouts so I can start posting them in galleries and on my blog.  Oh and for my birthday, the hubs got me the Silhouette!  So I have had lots of fun playing around with that.  I absolutely love it.  Here's my first layout using it.  I wanted to do something special for my husband's Fathers-Day-to-be:


I'm not a writer by any means.  But I wanted to journal something special to my husband about why I think he'll be a good husband.  Ultimately it comes down to how wonderful he is as my husband.  The photo is one I took of him sitting in Luxembourg Garden's with the Luxembourg Palace behind him.  This was our absolute favorite spot in Paris.  The garden's are so beautiful.

A few more Father's Day photos.  Better late than never! :)



I'm not very happy with how the photos turned out.  I did them in a hurry and am looking for a better place in my house that has more natural light.  

xo,

Jocelyn


No comments:

Post a Comment