Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blogs, Scrapbooking, and Jet Lag

After a beautiful, and romantic week in the ever enchanting Paris {my dream destination ever since I studied French in high school} today we are enjoying a much deserved and needed veg-out day.  Oh yes. We are spending the day in the couch, resting our ever tired feet and legs.  More about our fabulous trip later.

Today I am enjoying some of my favorite blogland reads and finds while my husband plays games on his phone with Harry Potter in the background {don't make fun, we're Potter heads}.

Here are some things I'm looking at today.

source:  It's Me, KP blog

Some scrapbook inspiration.  I love this layout.  I really need to get back into this.


Studio Calico Daydream Believer kit

And by "getting back into this" I mean getting a scrapbook kit subscription to help get my inspiration bubbles flowing {don't ask me what that means. it just seemed like the right description in my head}.  My favorite?  Studio Calico, like the one above.  Haven't quite taken the plunge to committing to a kit for at least 6 months or so.

source:  Annmarie Loves Paper blog

I am really inspired by this Project Life scrapbook idea.  The idea is to take pictures and document every week in 2012.  Well, I don't know about you but my life isn't exciting enough to document every week and keeping it interesting.  But I still like the idea of documenting major to semi-major things that happen within the year.  Maybe doing it in a way that's a little less constricting {the above one uses specific journal cards and page protectors}.  Hmmm...now THIS might be the perfect thing to get me back into scrapbooking and journaling {and for organizing my need for hoarding all movie stubs, tickets, and basically anything having to do with proving our life really isn't all that boring - because it's ours}.


source: Two Peas in a Bucket

I so want this retro blue smash book.  What a great way to keep track of all your favorite things.  Maybe this could be my keeper of the Project Life scrapbook?


source: The Beauty Department blog

In the honor of all things random, I came across this little tutorial on StumbleUpon.  Must give it a try {though I'm not sure my hair is thick enough}.


source:  Dear Lizzy blog

I just love the styling in this photo.


source:  The Daybook Blog

And of course I caught up on one of my fav blogs, The Daybook Blog.  It cannot be helped.

Now that the day is practically over and I've spent most of it on the computer catching up in blogland and gaining scrapbook inspiration, I'm too tired {and jet lagged} to pursue anything.  Plus my two kitties are snuggling me on opposite sides sound asleep making me lazy.  Please tell me this happens to you too.  "Uh oh, my cat is on my lap.  Guess I can't do anything."  ha!

xo,

Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment